Australia is the smallest populated continent of the seven major continents can also be looked at the greatest isle in the world. In fact, it is an island continent. Here’s an extensive list of Australia facts that you may not know, with both adults and kids facts on the enjoys of Australian people, the population, culture and a few exciting figures thrown in—
10. In Australia, there are more kangaroos than people and 10 times more camels than koalas. They export camels to Saudi Arabic.
9. Australia has over 10,000 seashores. You could visit new seashores every day for over 27 years.
8. In 2004, gay rights activists in Australia began a micronation in the Great Barrier Reef known as the Gay and the Lesbian Kingdom of the Reefs Sea Islands.
7. More than 80 % of the mammals, reptiles, and frogs, plants found in Australia are unique to the country, there are top ten most harmful snakes can be discovered in Australia. Some of the most well-known species of endemic creatures include the kangaroo, dingo, koala echidna, platypus, wallaby, and wombat.
6. Kangaroo meats can be bought from the market, butcher and available at the restaurant. It’s a low-fat meat believed to be a much healthier alternative to meat and lamb.
5. The Great Victoria Desert, just ONE of Australia’s barren areas, just ONE of Australia’s dry areas is bigger than the United Kingdom. You could reduce a whole nation in Australia and never know it.
4. Australia was the second nation in the globe to give women the right to vote in 1902. This achievement can be related to the work of Women’s Suffrage activity supporters like Lady Margaret Age Windeyer and her little girl Maggie Windeyer.
3. The Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Queensland in Australia, is the biggest living thing on Earth, even it can visible from outer space. The 2,300km-long ecosystem contains thousands of reefs and hundreds of islands made of more than 600 kinds of hard and soft coral. It’s home to more than 1,500 species of colorful fish, mollusks, and starfish, plus turtles, dolphins, and sharks.
2. Australia uses the motion of the ocean to produce zero-emission electricity and desalinates water at the same time.
1.Australia is the 6th biggest country by size, a large 2.9 thousand kilometers. It has the world’s 3rd biggest ocean territory, throughout three oceans and spanning around 12 million square kilometers.
image source – available on internet